Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Can You Believe It?

Today's verse that David picked is from James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

When David and I hoped that our first appointment would come sooner yesterday, we didn't expect it to be this soon. At 2:30pm, I called my gynecologist about my concern of the baby. She asked:"Can you come in now?" I popped into her office at 3:00pm feeling sorry that I kept them working late. They normally don't see patients after 3:00pm. But nobody cared. They happily drew my blood, examined my body, weighed me (gained 5 lb since marriage), and did the sonogram. That was the most amazing and unexpected experience. I could see the baby clearly on the computer and I could hear the heartbeats for the first time - Puh!Phu!Phu!... Strong and clear!! I almost cried. The nurse said it made her almost want another baby- She is a grandma now! Everything came out normal! I heard "Congratulations" from everybody. I just loved the staff there.

David couldn't believe the sonogram and the specification were our baby's! It's only 5 weeks along and we already heard the heartbeats!!! Suddenly David realized:" It's not a twin!" "Yes, the nurse said so ..." We laughed. That's God's perfect plan for us!

David studied some Chinese, worked on the Easter Sunday "Come and See" event before we concluded the day. I admire his diligience and self-discipline everyday. And I know he will be the most wonderful dad for our child!

No comments: