Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Shower and Harvest Call

It has been a busy week, especially for David. He had Friendspeak on both Wednesday night and Thursday night. Friday night we decided not to go to the LST Development Council meeting in Fort Worth. Still, David helped to move a new SMU student who doesn't have any friends here. He had to leave work early, get the SUV from me, move the student, and pick me up from my office. We had dinner at home and watched part of the debate before Amy and Kendall came in at around 10:00pm. The traffic had been really bad that they sat on the highway for over an hour.

Emily woke me up at 5:00am Saturday morning. She turned and rolled for over an hour. I could feel her legs and feet sticking up here and there. She was too excited – after all, it was her shower this morning!!! Amy and David made a delicious breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, etc. The moment I saw that, I knew I wouldn’t have any room to eat the food in the shower. Amy and I went to the shower at around 10:20am. Many people were already there! Everything was beautiful: pink flowers, pink bear, tasty food, delicious drinks, … many people were impressed by the little candy pacifiers and the booties on the top of the Pitite Fours. I was so happy to see many of our friends, especially the ones that we don’t see very often. I was especially touched by our church friends who came even without an invitations. Those are the ones who almost go to the showers every weekend. I didn’t want them to feel obligated to come and spend money on this shower. So I didn’t send invitations to them. But they still blessed us with their presence and generosity!! One church friend had a car wreck on the way to the shower. I even didn’t get to talk to her. I appreciate everyone who hosted the shower, who came to the shower, and who couldn’t come to the shower because of different commitment. You all are such a precious part of our life. David, I, and Emily are richly blessed by your love and support! I'll post some shower pictures later.

David and I went to the LST Harvest Call dinner at NRH CoC Saturday night. Prestoncrest had two tables there. George asked David and I to sit on their table. We felt like a family re-union each time we went there. We talked to so many people: every LST staff member, the guests that George brought, people who came back from the short-term mission trips, missionaries who happened to be in town, and the Honored Award holder – Dan and Ann Boyer. David also got the Friendspeak banner that we can use for the two international events in October. After the dinner, we were told that Prestoncrest has agreed to be one of the centurion churches! We made home at around 11:20pm, totally exhausted …

Sunday we visited McDermott CoC, thinking that the paint fume might still be strong at Prestoncrest. After lunch, David had his hair-cut. He almost fell asleep several times during the hair-cut. We took a one-hour nap afterwards. Then we went to pick up two new girls from UTD for Friendspeak. They’ve only been to USA for 42 days. But they were so ambitious that they wanted to improve their English, participate in the research projects in SMU, get trained in bilingual translation, … at the same time! Both David and I were substitute workers. We both enjoyed reading with new people. After we dropped off the two UTD students, my reader called that she left her purse in our classroom. We called DG. He was already home. But he turned back right away to get the purse for the student. What a serving heart he has!!

Amy and Kendall left at around 2:30pm. It was a busy weekend for them too! Next time when they come, Emily will be here already!









(The wonderful hostesses and me)

(Openning the gifts)










(Gifts on bed)









(Beautiful flower arrangement)













(Bethany - always ready for pictures)









(Honeydew melons that David planted)











More pictures from the shower can be found here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=qu0dq1t.c63l94ol&x=0&y=-pcubdx&localeid=en_US

No comments: