Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Dare Not To Ask

This week's verses are:
"Never tell your neighbors to wait until tomorrow if you can help them now." Proverbs 3:28
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we have to do what is good for everyone, especially for the family of believers" (Galatians 6:10)

The incredible servant of God John Wesley had his motto like this:
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." A small act of kindness can brighten someone's whole day. Yesterday close to the end of the day, one lady came over to my cube and handed me a pink bag:" This is for you!" I opened it: it was the gift bag for the baby: 6-pack booties, two sets of baby outfits. I was speechless. She was a lady that I bumped into the elevator a couple of times. And she was a good friend of one of my co-workers. That was all I knew about her. Her kindness boosted my spirit for the whole evening!

David is preparing for the boothe at Plano International Festival this weekend. He worked on the Friendspeak business cards on Monday night. I spent the whole evening writing the Thank-you notes. Tuesday night, Dawn invited us to her house to play Scramble games with her friendspeak readers. We had a great time. Dawn was an excellent host. The table setting was beautiful Chinese and the food was delicious. Finally the teachers team (Dawn and Bivi) won the first place and the Ph.D team (Dawn's reader Xuan and her boy friend) got the second place. David and I helped them to win!! :-) David had a new reader Wednesday night. He asked David where those different human races and skin colors came from. David came home and did some research and sent him a long email. We can learn so much from our readers and their questions! David and Robert Stolte also worked on the Friendspeak exhibition board. It looked fabulous. We can't wait to use it during the international festivals!

A college student we met in my hometown last year sent me an email reminding me that Oct. 1st is the Chinese National Day. I totally forgot that. All the Chinese have almost one-week off! Our friends in Beijing are having a retreat during this time. One thing that made me and David laugh on this day was: when I was taking a break in the afternoon, Cindy from Level II tech support came over. She said "Hi, Gene came over to my desk and asked me, 'I dare not to ask, but is Wendy Pregnant?' I told him that the due date is in 6 weeks ... "


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and David are great examples of "doing good" for the Lord. I am amazed at all the stuff y'all do for friendspeak and many students. I know things will change once Emily arrives and time will not be so free, but I get the feeling that y'all will still be doing alot with friendspeak.