Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

36th Week Update

This week I've been in the training classes all day long. I'm glad it is over today. My brother emailed that my parents made the visa appointment on November 25th at noon! Suppose they can get the visa several days later, they should be able to get here around December 1st. I began to think about all the arrangement: airline tickets, hotel rooms in Beijing, travel companions if I can find any, ... But no matter how much I can plan for them, it still will be a very challenging trip - can you imagine two people who seldom get out of the village in far Northwest of China coming all the way to Dallas? Only the love of grandparents can make them do that!

David got a couple of calls this week from work - his company offered him a new job in the North building in Richardson! We are very excited because this new job is more rewarding and has a great career path. It may be stressful for him to take on a new role both at work and at home at the same time. But I'm very confident that he will be excellent at both places!

Emily is doing wonderful too! With less and less room to move around, she still keeps up with her routine: sleep, eat/have hiccups, and move. Sometimes I can stare at her for hours to track her movement. We had 36th week checkup. Everything is normal. I've gained 23 lb so far. Walking and exercises are more and more difficult. David has taken such good care of me that most of time after I came home, I just ate and rested. Occassionally I picked up a few parenting books to read. But within 10 minutes, I would be sound asleep ... The dawn has arrived; the sunrise won't be long!

Here is a picture of me (and Emily) a couple of weeks ago:

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Hello Wendy, I really do enjoy reading your blog. The photo is cute too - of you and Emily. I like how you balanced a lamp on your tummy. How to do that? Or... is that an optical illusion? Love, Eileen

The Woodwards said...

Hahaha ... David did a good job picking a good angle!