Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

God Be with You Till We Meet Again

I learned from David that I could take the bereavement leave instead of the vacation leave for Granny's funeral service. Amy and Kendall arrived at around 1:00pm. David and I had the 30th week checkup in the morning before we all headed up to Tulsa. We were glad that the baby is doing great. The doctor looked at my bruised toe nail and told us it might get off my toe any time.

We got to Tulsa at around 6:00pm. Chloe did great - another 8-hour trip for a 6 month old in one week! Dad's friend brought us some food. They were delicious, especially the fried Okcra - I'll have to make it some day soon!

Early Friday morning, we saw the message that Kyri's Charlie was born! She was in peaceful sleep with Jeff and Kyri. David was glad that we have an excuse to see them since we signed up for bringing the food for them. We can't wait to meet little Charlie!

Granny's funeral was in Muskogee. We got there at around 9:40am. It was a small service for family and friends. Granny's church is going to have another service on Tuesday. David and I got to see many of his relatives whom we don't see very often. After the pastor finished his speech, David stood up and shared his memories about Granny: her serving heart; her love for people and food; her interest in many things; etc. Granny's birthday picture took all of us from tears to laughters - it was a picture of Granny with a tiarra and pink lei and a big smile. I'm sure many many people will miss Granny badly! David found out from Granny's notes that her favorite song was "In The Garden". But the song of "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" played in my mind again and again. Below are a picture of David and Granny and a picture of a garden that I imagine Granny was in.

Dad's church friends prepared lunch for us. It was a wonderful meal. We enjoyed visiting with them too. For the afternoon, we just spent time with families. We found many old photos from Granny's apartment. I really enjoyed looking through those family pictures and the notes in Granny's Bible.


It was a cool day Saturday. We headed back after breakfast. Amy and Kendall had another three hours to drive. Wished there was an express transportation that can take them back to Austin in minutes! David and I met with Leslie for dinner. He was always energetic. It was nice to know that he decided to support Darren's ministry in Colorado.

It was the first Sunday that David and I went back to our old building. Unfortunately the paint fume was still too strong for me. So I stayed outside with one of our elder's wife. David was coordinating the communion. Four of us took the communion outside the door.

We met with Fred, Fang and their two boys for lunch after church. Fred bought David a very nice weather radio. He really didn't have to spend that money since he has two boys to raise. Cody and Evan had great time with David looking at the fish in the fishtank. By the time we were ready to leave, Even told his parents, "I want to go with Mr. David!" Fang said, "But Mom and Dad and Cody are not going with Mr. David. Is that OK?" Evan nodded his head. He came with us to the car. Finally David took him to his parents. That reminded me of my childhood when I wished my aunt or uncle would take me to their houses for sometime. Grass is always greener on the other side for kids! At the Chinese supermarket, we saw a Friendspeak reader. Later we knew that he just got a job offer from Chase bank! David and I had a short nap before we picked up three girls from UTD. Two of them just came to American 20 days ago. Friendspeak was full again. I got to meet David's friend Aksana from Russia. It was great to see Peggy, Maggie and Alex. Below is a picture of us with three new Friendspeak readers.

David and I often thought about how Dad is doing. We pray that he will have an easy adjustment.










"God be with you till we meet again; by his counsels guide, uphold you; with his sheep securely fold you. God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again; when life's perils thick confound you, put his arms unfailing round you. God be with you till we meet again.

God be with you till we meet again; keep love's banner floating over you; smite death's threatning wave before you. God be with you till we meet again.

Till we meet, till we meet, till we meet at Jesus' feet; Till we meet, till we meet, God be with you till we meet again."

No comments: