Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tribute to My Husband

David went back to work last Friday. My last day at work is this coming Friday. We are so thankful that the transition was very smooth so far. I've been working from home last week and this week. So besides working and playing with Emily, I did nothing. I look forward to next week when I can take Emily out to watch the birds, run in the playground, meet with friends, or just do some errands.

But I can't let this special time of our family passing by without thanking my amazing husband for what he did for our family during the last year. There are not many husbands in this world who are willing to risk their jobs and social images to stay at home with their kids. I still remember how much struggle we went through before we decided to keep my job and risk his job. Once we decided, David faithfully and beautifully carried out his in-home duties: he took care of every need that Emily had so that Emily grew into such a content and happy little girl; he made three meals a day every weekday and I was totally spoiled; he cleaned the house, did the laundry, ran the errands, made the beds, grew the vegetable garden ... flawlessly. In addition to these, he visited Sue in the hospital every day for the past three plus weeks. He did Bible studies with Joey four days a week and with Victor two days a week for almost a whole year; During the last two days, Joey wanted to learn as much as he could before David went back to work. Luckily we hooked him up with Louella so that he could continue his Bible study on a daily basis. Sweetheart, I wanted to let you know that Emily and I are so lucky to have you. We love you from the bottom of our hearts and we can't thank you enough!

Here are pictures of David and Emily last year at this time (when Emily was around 3 months old):



And now look at them:



I know that David and I will forever remember the wonderful time we had during the past year. Hopefully it will leave trace of imprint on Emily too. So long the father-daughter days!

Last Friday through Saturday was our church lady's retreat. Gayla and I carpooled together. We had a great time. The theme for the retreat was "Under His Wings" (Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and buckler.) There were lots of tears from every touched heart. But all four speakers left a high note of hope and transformation in the end. Just as Bible told us, it's not if, but when, we have troubles, we learned how to be carried under His wings to a higher ground from these wonderful Christian women. I pray that when the trial comes, I'll be like them and stand the test of trust and faith.

No comments: