Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birthday

Last week Emily had a play date with Charlie and Austin on Thursday. That was the second play date she had. So she was a little bit shy. Besides they probably don't know how to play together yet at this stage. I'm sure we moms enjoyed a lot more than our kids did. I fell in love with Kyri's salsa sauce called Aribba. That prompted me a trip to Target afterwards.

Kyri and smart Charlie

Dawn and sweet Austin

Emily and me


Friday night Robert and Gail took us to Nicola's for my birthday dinner. It was such a fancy restaurant that David and I wouldn't go very often. When David and Robert were talking about the new Medical Bill that Obama was going to pass, our waiter smiled:" Speaking of the President, George and Laura Bush are eating in the next room right now." Really?! David stood up to "go to the restroom". He came back and told us that George and Laura Bush sat right on the way to the restroom and their booth faced our table. Robert "went to the restroom" next. Then Gail and I went together. Two tall body guards stood at the kitchen and the restroom area. I just glanced at the former President and the former first lady and quickly turned my head away. They dressed as sharp as they were on TV. The waiter told us the family that were having dinner with the Bush was the 43rd richest people in the world Harold Simmons. I was not into politics at all. But having my birthday dinner at the same restaurant that the president and the rich guy had at the same time, certainly makes me talk about it to anyone! That experience overshadowed the delicious food we had. We definitely will go back to that restaurant again in the future.

Before we went to the restaurant, Robert and Gail asked me to open my birthday gift. I unwrapped it - it was a cheerio box. I guess they knew I am a mom now and I need lots of cheerios. As I thanked them, Robert said he wanted to taste a little bit of the cheerio. I opened the box and found two beautiful silver baby picture frames inside - I was tricked!!

Saturday we ran many errands and tried to work on Andy's nursery room. It began to get cold at night. The birds were extra active around our house after the sunset. I guessed those were the ones who didn't build their nests when the weather was warm and sunny (a simple lesson, Huh?). The next morning we had a big snow. On the way to church we saw three car accidents. Even during the second service, there were not as many people as we thought. Many people enjoyed the online streaming at home.

Can you believe the weather was in 70s on Friday?


David's poor vegetable pots

Spring or Winter???

Monday was my birthday. When I got up, I saw a beautiful pot of purple Hydrangea and a sweet birthday card on the table. Robert sang the Happy birthday song on the phone. Amy sang it in the email. Dad mailed a check. David also made my favorite cake - cheesecake with blackberries on top. Many friends left a Happy Birthday greetings on the phone or in the emails. Thank you everyone for making me feel so special! It was a wonderful day!



Dad forwarded an email about birth verse. It says that the Bible has a special verse for everyone's birthday. You can look it up here: http://WWW.birthverse.Com/mybirthverse.cfm I looked up mine. It is "(Lamentations 3:22 NIV) Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail."

Here are a few pictures of the week:

Emily loves being a doctor
Emily pretended to be a sick patient (she does this whenever she got a piece of tissue)

(Emily learns the Alphabet - E is for Emily)


No comments: