Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Story III My Visa Experience (short version)

Since I came to America, applying for the visa to come back had always been a headache when I took a vacation in China. In 2005, I needed to apply for the visa in Mexico again before I went back home for a visit. All my friend told me that it was very dangerous to go there by myself. So I hired a service company to help me to get to Mexico and do all the preparation for the visa.

But two days right before the appointment, they told me that they couldn't get the permit to do that in Matamoros (the city where I was going to apply for the visa). It was Tuesday night at 7:00pm. My appointment was Friday morning and I was leaving early Thursday morning for Browsville. I didn't do any preparation because I totally relied on that service company. After hanging off the phone, I was so attempted not to go to the Bible study class but to look up the visa information - I only have two nights to prepare! But I decided to go to Barbara Meador's mentoring class and to rely on God's resource rather than mine. I need God's power more than my own strength. I prayed all the way to Barbara's house. In the end of the class, Barbara asked for the prayer requests . I shared my worry after everyone else finished their requests. Before I finished, one of the ladies in our group (of eight) said that it so happened her husband was working in Matamoros only for that week. And he stayed in a hotel in Brownsville (the city where I was going to stay). So he was crossing the border every day. Friday would be his last day in Matamoros. What was the odd for that to happen? I couldn't believe the prayer was answered in such a way and at such a speed!

Her husband Brian Price called me Wednesday and set up for the meeting in Brownsville. Brian is a wonderful guy. I am so glad to know him through this. He checked all the information before hand and took me to the consulate to get the visa. He talked to the Mexicans when needed, drove me back to Brownsville and returned to Dallas afterwards. And this was only one part of how God answered my prayers. Two of my friends Rebekah, Laura and I got to have a wonderful mini-vacation in South Padre Island after I came back to US because their relatives lived in Brownsville. So many incidences along the way told us that God was guiding us all the time to fully experience his greatness if we seek Him. We just couldn't say enough "I can't believe this ..." . God is awesome!!!

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I really enjoy reading about your experiences. Hope to see more of you in the future with you staying home.