Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week In A Nutshell

MLK day was a holiday at CA. David and I went out to run some errands together. I was glad that he could go with me because it takes on a toll for my back to carry Emily in and out of the car seat now. Tuesday was our Anniversary! The beautiful weather brought back great memories. We went out for dinner at Chadders (my choice) and exchanged small gifts. Emily was very social at the restaurant. After she finished eating, she visited every table in our section to smile and weave at everyone. That struck lots of conversations with friendly strangers. We had planned to watch the wedding videos but we were tired after putting Emily to bed. Thank you Sweetheart for the past two wonderful years! We certainly went through lots of changes together. But every day was full of warm and sweet memories. I can't wait to unfold the days ahead of us!

Friday we met our friends Fred and Fang for Evan's birthday dinner. Saturday morning David met up with Brian for breakfast while I ran some errands. In the afternoon my former FriendSpeak reader from Ukraine, Nora came for a visit. We were so happy to see her since we have lost contact for 5 years! Here are a few pictures of the week:

Emily plays with her brush

Emily loved the doll Nora got her


Emily continues to amaze us every day. One day David asked her to bring the socks on the chair to him. She ran over to the chair and brought one of the socks over. David asked her to bring the other one over. She did it right away! She learns so fast that it challenges us to teach her more and more each day.




One good news of the week was that I finally reached my parents after over six months' of communication blockage. One of our FriendSpeak readers Molly called David Wednesday morning and told us that the phone line opened up between US and my home town (Xinjiang province). I called home right away and got to catch up with my mom. Hopefully the internet will re-open soon so that my folks can see Emily through Skype.

Another good news was that one of David's readers Joey (who has come to our house to study almost every day) wanted to ask his parents in Taiwan about his decision of becoming a Christian. He told David that he thinks Christianity has much more richness and transformation power than the religion his parents were practicing. Please pray for his growth and final decision!

Sunday night at the Chilian party for Prestoncrest missionary the Grant family, David fed me spoons of Chilis while I was feeding Emily. Judy H. came over to tell David: "How sweet it is that you feed Wendy and Wendy feeds Emily! Who feeds you?" We all laughed. This was the kind of little warm moments that I'd like to remember about our family.

1 comment:

HatchersInChile said...

Wendy,

Praise God that you got to speak to your parents!! I'm so happy for you all. Late congratulations on your new son. Praise God for His wonderful plans. You and your family are in our prayers.

The Hatchers
Santiago, Chile