Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

25th Week

We had the 24th week checkup last Thursday. The doctor measured my tummy, baby's heart beat. Everything seemed to be fine. The only thing is that I could have gained a little bit more weight (although the doctor didn't say that). I gained 2 lbs during last month. Maybe I'll be on track next time. Next time I'm going to have the Glucose tolerance test. Hopefully I'll pass the test.


David and I ran some errands Friday night. It was hot - even in the evening! We went to Babyrus to see whether the bedding we registered was available or not, so that we can tell Eric the colors and patterns for him to work on. Then we dropped by Bed Bath Beyond to return a couple of wedding gifts that David just digged out from our garage - can't believe we are still doing that! We figured if they stayed in the garage for such a long time and we even didn't know they existed, we probably can get by without them in the future. I love BedBathBeyond. They made the returning so easy.


Saturday morning we had the baby girl's shower for Kyri. There were so many cute stuff in the shower. Kyri's friend made the center piece in a cake shape with diapers and other baby items. Dawn made mini pacifiers with life-saver candies and red jelly beans. I wished I took some pictures of them! The baby clothes are all so cute. I was glad that the fall sweaters came up already. I'm sure Kyri will use them.


Sunday morning we visited another Chinese church - Dallas Chinese Bible Church. It was a big church - I guess all the Bible churches are big! It has three services in the morning. We went to the English service. It was amazing to see how many people were there. And most of them were in between 20 and 40 years old. After the service, while we were trying to figure out what to do, a girl from the worship team came over and invited us to the class on James. She garanteed us that we would love that class. We went there. The preacher came over to talk to us. He told us that there were 22 Chinese churches in DFW area. His dad was an early missionary who was sent to plant churches in America. So his dad founded this church 40 years ago. He asked someone to bring us lunch and drinks and dessert. We had our lunch while we listened to the teaching on James. The teaching was very practical. I liked it. But we had to leave early for our class at Prestoncrest.


We came to our regular class. Robert Stolte started a new series on Matthew. We were glad that Heidi came to the class. She went with us to the service afterwards. We all sat with Debra, Dawn, and Paul. I was glad that Heidi liked the sermon. On our way back to Friendspeak, my co-worker Syed called. He was at the building. We took him with us to pick up the Korean girl. But we found out the Korean girl wasn't coming. So we turned back. Syed met with several people in Friendspeak. I was so happy that he came! Later on he told me that he wanted to come to our single's group.


Maggie and I studied more on Genesis. She had many good questions. I was glad to see that she brought her daughter here- she didn't want to miss Friendspeak. It was said that the temperature was 107 degree today! Shawnda gave us some watermelon. We'd better head home before the watermelon went bad!


No comments: