Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

39th Week

Monday was the first day David transferred to his new job. He started training right away. After over 10 hours' setting up and hands-on training, his brain was full! But I knew he was fully charged for the day. After he got off work, his Friendspeak reader Jerry's parents called that they made some Chinese dishes for me. David drove by and took home a box load of food. Jerry's parents only had Mondays off and they spent their day off preparing the food for me! We were so touched by their kindness! Hopefully we will do something in the future for them.

Tuesday I went to the office in the morning. Two of my co-workers wanted to have a brief meeting with me before I take the maternity leave. They told me it was going to be a quick one. We walked into a conference room. I was surprised to see a group of guys in the room with a pile of baby stuff and two boxes of cookies on the table. "Come in!!!" They smiled. I realized that history repeated itself - I was tricked again. 14 guys in my group gave me a surprise baby shower (no girls were invited)!! Ron organized all these and did the shopping. All the baby gifts were spreaded on the table. While everyone passed around the gifts, Syed joked, "Ron spent all night to wrap the gifts ..." They began to share their experience as dads. What a group of great guys!! We had many pictures - but not in my camera. Maybe I'll post one or two once I have them.

Wednesday we had the doctor appointment. I began to have the blood show. The doctor told us the baby may come any time, most likely before the due date. The effacement was 90% and the dilation was 1 cm already. David and I became a little bit nervous and excited. Baby girl, get ready to greet the world!

David has been reading the book "The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name" to Emily every night. We all enjoyed this daily ritual.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Exciting moments :-))

Amy Wilson said...

As I read this, Rachel is in the background counting to 10 and then saying "Ready or not....here I come!" Seems like Emily knows that game too:-)

Eileen said...

Hey David and Wendy...can hardly wait to read your next post. CONGRATULATIONS on being a mama and a papa! Welcome to wee little Emily. I'm so proud to be an auntie again. =)